Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Puppies!!!

Our neighbour informed us about 2 months back about a litter of stray pups in the semi-constructed house along the road. Hubby dearest, who had been thinking and thinking of getting some dogs for the farm was then naturally quited piqued to learn more. So off we went on a treasure hunting expedition to track down the pups. Guess what? We ended up with 2, and then the mummy abandoned another 1 in front of our gate the next morning.








Let's see..

The little one with the white triangle on his forehead is Butter. He behaves like a baby: he whines, he seeks attention all the time, he loves to be cuddled.
His brother, Vanilla, has a long slim rectangle white mark on his forehead. Now this little one, I call Vanilla the Houdini. Put him in any confined space, and he is sure to find his way out. He's smart, he's round, and he is the cutest little fur ball you can imagine.
Brownie is a little lady. She eats at a slower pace, she is quiet, and she is one smart cookie. She can sit on command, and occasionally gives me her paw when I say hand.

So, mummy dearest here had 3 new babies to take care of. Blissful heaven, except when having to clean their enclosure of poop and pee!

Unfortunately, we had to part. Hubby has sent them off to live at the farm. Thank goodness one of our farm hands love dogs, and they are being well taken care of. We still have yet to take them to the vet for the vaccination - the horrors of all horrors: the vet has no vaccine in stock! So here's to hoping the stock gets replenished soon.

I'll try to make my way to the farm one of these days to see how my little ones are doing. Hubby says they've grown, they look strong and stout. I'll post up some pics after I've seen them. Oh I hope they still recognise me!

PS: Kiddo was brave enough to pet them until one of them (believe it was Vanilla) climbed her legs. She has since grown fearful. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment