Thursday, April 7, 2011

On the subject of dogs and puppies

Recall that we adopted 3 stray pups a couple of months back or so? Well, the strangest thing is happening. And it is seriously SPOOKING me out. We got 2 pups, then the mummy dog abandoned the next pup at our gate, right? She also abandoned 2 other pups at the neighbour's house. So 5 pups in total!

A few days after that, the mummy and daddy dog started staring at our car when we drove past their haunt. I thought that was weird, but it got weirder. One morning after sending kiddo to school, they ran after my car and just stared at the house as I was reversing back in. They've even taken to sitting outside at night and barking. I think they miss their pups. Oh, I feel awful when I see them there. Since the pups have gone to the farm, I see less of mummy and daddy outside our gate, but they still occasionally park themselves out there, and make mournful howls. I feel awful about the whole situation, but the pups surely have a better life than living as strays, right?

The upside of this entire situation: the neighbours are now alternatively feeding mummy and daddy. I note that they look much better, and I even have a suspicion that someone gave them a bath - they both look well groomed now! They are mostly stationed along our row of houses, looks like they might just have turned into our neighbourhood guard dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment